Saturday, April 14, 2012

Irregular Talent Choices

[:1]So, I'm gonna start this out with a quote from the Chilblains discussion happening a few posts below me (found at--http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1764408523):

The reason why I have neither Butchery nor Improved Blood Tap in my DW Frost DPS spec is because when you're in a raid, your individual dps matters far less than in a 5-man or soloing. I instead put those 4 talent points into Endless Winter and Chilblains.

Case for Endless Winter: Halfus Wyrmbreaker. I never have to worry about having 20 Runic Power every other Shadow Nova, and neither does my guild. Happy all around!

Case for Chilblains: Magmaw. By using Unholy Presence and an initial DnD on every Flame Pillar, I was able to use Howling Blast to nuke and chill every parasite and kite them around the room. My guildies loved me. (Glyph of Howling Blast required)

Neither of those talents boosts our dps, but they are spectacular when it comes to being useful to other players and your own survival.


So, this is something I've been coming across recently. Lots of people seem to be still focusing on the idea of Maximum DPS when speccing. Recently, I've been criticized for my unusual talent choices (Endless Winter, Virulence, and OaPH versus Butchery and Improv. Blood Tap) because they won't provide me the "Maximum DPS potential".

Now, I'm certainly not saying that you shouldn't use inferior specs, I'm just asking for more discussion on what is considered inferior, instead of just accepting everything that is spoon-fed to us from Elitest Jerks.

Discussion?

Edit: Small corrections on Spec, and added link to the Chilblains Spec

No comments:

Post a Comment