Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Frost or Unholy for Pvp?

Just curious. Haven't pvp'd in a really long time.
It all depends on the way you play.
Well, I've been tanking with DK's since they came out, so my style is tanking. I haven't pvp'd since BC with a Resto Shaman so I don't think my 'style' really applies. Most classes have one tree thats better for pvp than others. I was just curious what Dk's was.
Honestly atm I don't think there truly is a "best" tree at 80. Frost is very strong in BG's UH holds its ground. At 80 where everything blows up if you sneeze on it I think Frost is a little stronger since it has HB for range and better burst where as UH has better control survivability and long term pressure. UH can burst don't get me wrong but its less on demand than Frost.

At 85 my XP gave me a preference for UH. HB doesn't pack the same punch relative to the HP pool at 85. I played DW HB + NS spam build and it felt decent but just not great. You aren't gonna global anyone at 85 so Frosts burst is more healable. UH has better control steady damage and the ability to stack NS to ridiculous lvl's. I still think Des is better than CB and I like having 4 death runes.

I think there will be comps that favor both but I expect you will see UH as a more used spec in high lvl PvP even though it may not truly be that much better. Thats just my opinion. There is much more too it but honestly both trees play pretty differently. I hate saying this because its usually a cop out people use but "I think you will have to play them both and see what feels better" also remember your comp will affect the strength of each.
Awesome thanks for that. I'm honestly just sitting around trying to pass the time till Cata hits so I thought I would pvp some. I'll try UH since it will probably be the tree I'll use at 85.

Tahnks much.
I prefer PvP with Frost because of the DPS and AoE potential (Howling Blast is just too much fun in crowds). Blood would be my 2nd choice if you prefer survivability.

No comments:

Post a Comment