Monday, April 16, 2012

Casting rotation for mobs in raids?

I've got a decent casting rotation down for my DK, both in Blood (solo questing) and Unholy (also solo questing--I like the ghoul). I'm sure it's not perfect, but an old grognard can pound the same few buttons again and again (a few simple macros that cast the spells in the correct order...).

However, when I go into dungeons, no mob stays alive long enough for me to get my full rotation. I can do well against the bosses, as I can use my usual rotation (and the specials, when I remember...). But what to use against the mobs?

(It's bad enough that, with the tab targeting problem and all the visuals, I often end up attacking some mob that's behind me... Like I said, I'm an old grognard. :-P)
Still hoping to find out more about mob-bashing rotations...

Right now, I mostly do Icy Touch and Blood Boil, because it's hard to get the time for anything more before the other DPS players pour on their damage.
Death Knights do not use rotations anymore. It's now priority based.

What spec are you inquiring about?
I'm getting ready to go into the Cata dungeons. (I've apparently missed one or two that aren't available past level 83...)

Priority-based? Can you elaborate?

Right now, I do the following:

1) Apply diseases.
2) Build up RP.
3) Use RP when possible for Death Coil. (To get to Dark Transformation.)

Unfortunately, when you've got a mage doing an AoE attack, you'll often have the mob dead before you can get the full attack going. Which means I run from mob to mob, hitting with Icy Touch and Blood Boil.
Thats pretty close. Elitist Jerks website has end-game rotations (priorities).

No comments:

Post a Comment