Saturday, April 21, 2012

New to death knights, Question.

I'm making a tanking death knight and my current rotation as is follows.

icy touch>plauge strike>Blood boil>>pestilence>D&D>then random heart striking and rune strikes.

I'm guessing my rotation is way off what is too be used, could someone gear me in the right direction?

Thank you.
Start with DnD>BB for Scarlet fever and then spam HS and use DS to get death runes. Also Rune Strike is on the GCD now so it can't be macro'd to your skills. I Usually tab HS and RS every target at least once since RS is crazy threat and is now available to us all the time.

Diseases are close to useless right now for tanking (at least in 5 mans) since Dps will never give you the chance to apply them and they deal insanely low damage better off using the runes on another DS.
In all honesty I have found, for me at least, that diseaseless tanking does more tps than using diseases, and yes that means single target too, though Im not sure if that is because of my gear or not.

For groups of adds I usually start with 2 BB then blood tap, heart strikes tab target rune strikes, (death strikes when needed for healing)

If the group has more than 3 adds I start with D&D

For single target Ill start with Heart Strike and BB (for the debuff) watch my health for death strike use throughout the fight) Blood Tap for more heart strikes and runic power dump with RS.

This usually keeps mobs on me quite well, and single target when the boss is on me no one will pass my threat

Diseases, at least for me, will be applied for me more often once we get Outbreak

But again like I said I dont know how dependent diseaseless tanking is on good gear

EDIT: DRW I save as a defensive cooldown or if a dps is getting near me in threat
The only time I use full diseases is in massive AoE situations where my Crimson Scourge actually earns its keep, and I use both diseases on bosses when I have Dancing Rune Weapon up for the extra dps of double-stacking my diseases. The DRW's diseases don't do anywhere close to 50% of the damage of my normal ones, more like 75% or better, probably a scaling thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment