Saturday, April 21, 2012

New DK needs help!

So, I just rolled my first DK. I am completely lost though, as to how to go about which spec to do, what stats to get....

I quest and dungeon a lot... Which would be the best tree to go into? What is each trees role and their main focuses? Pros and cons?

And, what stats do I look for? I've never deealt with a melee classes outside of rogues, and a rogue and DKare very different.

Any other pointers? Rotation? Things to avoid?
If you look at the specilization screen it tells you what each tree's role is. There's some stuff on EJ you can read for both tanking and DPS.
As for questing, frost is generally the best tree to go with. Unholy focuses a lot on diseases which is not very good for leveling because diseases are actually a fairly small amount of your dps, you have to waste 2 GCDs putting them up (before you get outbreak at 81 that is), and you will generally kill a mob before they have their full effect. Elitist jerks says that 2H frost is the best for questing although personally I find Dual Wield frost is more fun. You have to make the choice yourself, although you'll want to make the choice before you spec., as they take a few different talents.

If you like to do dungeons, I recommend dual spec. into blood and tank so your wait on the dungeon finder will be much lower.

Stats are strength and stamina. Other stats depend on your spec.

As the poster before me stated, a lot of good information can be found in the forums at elitstjerks.com
I was Frost in PVE... dps it's great... but Tank is so much fun.
Now i run BLOOD in PVE... it's so much fun.

search for help in old topics... it helps me a lot all the time
everything u need to know is alread in forums, somewhere :D
For leveling: 2H frost is the best due to KM, HB, and no need to manage a pet.

Stats-wise: Try to stay at the hit cap for your level, but don't kill yourself over it until the end game. You'll wanna go strength, mastery (once it's available), haste and crit (not as important due to killing machine). EJ has the stat weights for each spec, so I won't relist them here.

AVOID: Having some weird mix of pure tank and dps gear. Pure tank is any plate that has parry, dodge and, to a lesser extent, mastery as the piece's only secondary stat. Do not use caster plate (yes, there are DK's that pick those up ==).

Other pointers: Just play. Read EJ on what an end-game DK looks like. Not too much I can tell you without writing a huge wall of text; and the best way to learn is to play your toon to get the basics down.

No comments:

Post a Comment