Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Becoming a Tank

Hello all,

I recently hit 85 and am looking to become a tank. So far I only have typical sub-par DPS gear from questing up to 85, and I'm going to need to start gearing out to tank. However, I'm not entirely sure where to start.

If anyone can provide me with a good method to start with, it'd be appreciated!
Thanks!
The quests in Twilight Highlands give you 318s and sometimes some 333s. And if you've quested everywhere, chances are you're at least honored w/ the new reps, or even revered... and there's decent rep items from the factions.

Only thing I bought to gear myself was a leatherworking cape.
If you've got a little gold to spare paying a tank to insta que you will help some too. But your best case scenario is running some 5mans with a Druid tank and ranged dps/rogues. You will get to roll on anything plate provided you have a non pally healer. The rep rewards are insanely good compared to anything you could have picked up from questing. Also there are some blue items that can be bought with Justice Points that will also give you a good boost in the right direction. The cheapest ones cost around 1700ish I believe.
Get Dragonmaw, Ramakhan, Hyjal, therazane, earthen ring tabards que some Regular mode 85 dungeons wear said tabard get some lewts then when your around 333 que heroic mode and you should be able to buy your first piece of Epic gear from the first 3 rep quartermasters other 2 are your stamina,shoulder enchants.

(DMAW-Boots, Rama- Wrists, Hyjal- Cloak)

Also go to Youtube.com type in Heroic (Named of Boss or dungeon) scroll down to How to: video and watch you will understand all the mechanics of every boss fight and know how to avoid big dmg or know when to pop cooldowns to negate big incoming dmg really helped me out.
Tank normals for gear and practice. Half of my gear is shared between my tank and dps sets and it's not a huge problem unless you do a heroic.

No comments:

Post a Comment