Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Blood Worms... serious, solo, or gimmick?

After reading a recent post, I've began questioning this ability.

Does it save your bum more often than it overheals?
My recount doesnt show blood worms so I dont even know if it works.
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/admqrc243vu52rcx/details/72/

This is from the only Guild on Illidan that's posting logs currently. I had to click "Show Pets" to see the little guys.

High overheals, but it's still a large amount of healing for 2 talent points that really require nothing on your end.
Don't know why people dosen't like this Talent, in fact its realy usefull. I get like 9k heals just for hitting, and i don't see any other talent that can be as usefull as Blood worms after u get Lichborne.

13k when it crits for me like the guy above said.
Going to test it all this evening, it seems worth a shot at the least.

Thanks folks.
reading the talent i thought it only heals your group and not you, so it does heal you as well?
iirc from trying pre cata, it heals everyone within range of the burst.

AKA mostly heals you, pets, and melee dps.
don't even know if it heals your group, but it heals you, and heals pretty fine.
It's a smart heal. It targets lowest HP allies first.
Bloodworms heal everyone in a set radius around them including yourself. I'm also getting pops from them upwards of 20-25k. Mine are running around with 35k health though. They are also set to not explode when you are at full life to limit their over heals.
Free heals is always good.
popping 25k? lol, its a impressive amount, how did u manage to do that?


ohh... 342 ilvl XDD
They heal for a set % of their max life which seems to stack with yours. I'm running like 160k in heroics with a fort buff. I had a few gorge to about 14 stacks in WotLK, but they didn't burst =(
They seem to be very situational, but as mentioned, free heals are never bad. I watch the healing meters pretty closely and they are never more than ~2% of my heals (which isn't good, imo), but having a 15k heal for everyone in the group randomly can be a butt saver. Besides, where else do we put those points?
How do blood worms work exactly? are they timed then just explode? or do they have to do a certain amount of dmg? Im unclear as to what makes them explode. I tend to see my worms last till after a fight then just go away without healing.
I'm not exactly sure what makes them explode. I know they gain a buff that increases their healing done by 10% of their life per stack, and that they won't pop if you are at full life. Other than that, their mechanics are a mystery to me.
I do have one question. Since my recount isn't reading any of their heals (haven't updated it in months), and the tooltip doesn't specify. Does it do the full heal amount to everybody, or does it take the amount and evenly divide it amongst all targets in range? Based on the person saying he's gotten 25k heals, I'd assume the former, but I do want to be sure. Tx!
Never tried it but based on the tooltip it seems pretty worthless. A 10% chance to spawn them on regular hit with my super slow weapon... right. And then they need the fight to last long enough for them to pop and be useful rather than wasted. Perhaps more useful in raids but totally worthless in LFG imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment