Saturday, April 21, 2012

DK Tanking Questions

Ok. here are my questions

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/tidez/simple (my armory just incase any one wants to see it to better answer my questions)

1. My hp is 115k at 85 with that loot, gems, and enchants unbuffed. People have been ragging on me every now and then that my gear sucks or my HP is too low, or some stupid crap. Is my gear wrong, or is there anything that I can change to fix my HP?

2. Does any one know the best sockets and what not? I've been going for Dodge and parry (and i hear you can get parry through str, so I enchanted that on my gaunts.) am I wrong?
well your hp at 115k is a bit low for heroic tanks for dks but I would really consider trying to get a replacement for that weapon there is a nice quest one from deepholm if I recall.
Make sure you look at rep vendors, there is a lot of nice gear on them even just for honoured. If I'm in my tank gear check the items for the rep ones.

Should really be gemming and enchanting for as much stamina as you can and make sure you use at least the Cata green gems, they shouldn't be expensive. Perfect Solid Zephyrites are ideal being +53 Stam and a lot of JC get them from their daily and aren't useful for it. Use Mastery/Stam for meta and if you want to match a yellow.

It looks like your weapon has no runeforge on it get Stoneskin Gargoyle on it.
115k HP is low for a tank for Heroics. DPS normally have 100-115k. Make sure you're gemming for stamina or stamina hybrid gems. Make sure you have your weapons with Stoneskin on it.

Use Tank gear and trinket, not DPS.
I assume that the weapon you have equiped is new because it is not enchanted. If these are dungeons and they are complaining that you are "squishy" it might be more of a CD popping problem. I have about 12 tanking CDs (with engineering for 1 or 2). Use them whenever possible on trash and time them correctly for the most effectiveness on bosses. Don't worry about them being down on trash pulls; they will be back in a minute or 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment