Saturday, April 21, 2012

Want to Honor farm

So my favorite thing about playing this game is the pvp. I desperately need pvp gear and as far as I can tell, the first step is to farm honor to get Bloodthirsty gladiator's. Since this is the first character that I will have reached the level cap with, I feel that I need some information in regards to getting where I want to go.

My plans are to do either random or specific battlegrounds as blood (I've tried the other specs and blood is my favorite, so unless honor happens to come much faster in another spec I'm staying with blood) to farm honor which brings me to my first question:

Which battleground will give me the most honor per hour?

I want to get the blue pvp gear and then to start arena as unholy. So I would also like to know how I should enchant, reforge, and gem for pvp.

I heard the pvp hit cap is 5%, but what about all the other things? expertise? Stat priorities?

Like I said, I want to farm honor as blood and then switch to unholy for conquest points. So when answering these questions, please keep in mind my final goal, Unholy arena and possibly some organized battlegrounds much later.
go random, even if you lose you get some honor.

yes melee cap is 5%.

when you go unholy, reforge to haste.
reach hit cap first, then start stacking haste.
Well, the problem you face as Horde is the long queues. Most of the people in the guild I'm in are like you - BG'ers who love to Honor grind, and do Arenas on the side. It may be more prudent for you to go alliance, and then go back to horde after you got your gear if you don't like the Alliance, and you have $50 to spend on two-way transfers.

It's always better to queue random BGs, since the queue pops faster (for both factions, and you get honor for winning/losing), but to answer your main question, Alterac Valley and Tol Barad will give you the most honor/hour if you're a killing machine and constantly in the midst of battle. If you were to hypothetically find a way to win every time and have insta-queues (like Alliance does), you could play ~6-8 rounds of SotA or EotS in an hour or so

Like you, I am a Blood DK that solely PvPs, and I can tell you that I usually end up in the top-50% of the honor-point capped. If I am the one capping flags, then it's the lower part of the top-50%, but if I'm the one distracting flag-carriers and taking on zergs, then it's the top 3 spots).
1. Queue for random BGs, specific ones if it is the holiday weekend.
2. Do TB every 2 hours, gives a lot of honor, especially if you are attacking and win (1800 honor if you win on offense)
3. Wintergrasp if you want, purely optional.
4. Weekly quests for Wintergrasp / Tol Barad. Each WG quest gives 16-24 honor and the TB weekly gives 64.
5. Find a PuG doing a rated battleground and get your weekly conquest points. Will be easier to get conquest doing RBG than doing arena (with no PvP gear, of course)

I've been doing all this on my main:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/narathzul/advanced
and you can see how much honor I've got from it. I didn't even have 100 honor when I hit level 85.

Good luck on the grind, I only have 3 pieces of honor left, 5500 honor worth, and I have 600. Going to be a good grind, in the last leg of it myself :).

THEN it is onto all the Heirlooms. Ugh.

Also, enjoy your Honor gear when you get it, I'm at 3100 resil right now and I'm loving it.
Personally if you plan on switching to UH I would really suggest playing it in BG's or you will just suck at it in Arena. In my xp I couldn't play Fury(when I played warrior s7-8) in BG's then expect to play Arms well. In Arena DK's get tunneled alot now and you will have to get used to being very kill able and how to counter act that.

I basically just do randoms and call to arms.
So what are the stat priorities for blood pvp and unholy pvp? And how is my current spec for pvp? what glyphs should I use?
So pvp Hit cap is still 5%? Is there a magic number for hit rating that gets you there? im at 538 and i still have a .52% chance miss against a lvl 85. But i assume that is a non-player stat? Seems like a hell of a lot of hit rating.

I guess my question is, for only pvp what does your HIT RATING need to be?
personally I don't know, but I'm sure someone here knows. Besides, why does it matter? Just keep raising it until you have 5% hit/0% chance to miss against 85
because i believe for pve and pvp its different. Like you have a certain percentage you can miss on an NPC, but versus another player that percentage is lower? IDK, been awhile since i thought about it :)
It's cuz for npc's you will be fighting ones higher level than yourself and bosses... on the other hand, for players, well... you're not going to meet a level 86 for a while
Hit cap is 4% for PvP. Anything more is overkill and not needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment