Saturday, April 21, 2012

DK tanking avoidance

Hi Guys,

I'm curious about DK tanking avoidance, Right now my blood spec have about 20% avoidance, having played a warrior tank for a long time I feel this is very low.



I know that the core mechanics of blood is the self heals and the blood shield, but what is the ideal avoidance for a DK tank?



Thanks



Onewingangel Jubei'Thos
In WotLK I was at around 38% or something, I don't quite remember. With Horn of Winter I'm at 23% now, it'll go up as better gear comes. It's just part of the re-gearing up.
Yeah I thinking it should be around 40% or so at least, because my 80 prot war had about 70% avoidance including block in JP gear. Any 85 prot war or bears can share their avoidance so that we can get a broad view on how avoidance is in cata?
oh yeah forgot prot pallies as well =P
From what I've seen the other classes have roughly the same amount. I have 25% in 349 average item level but that's mostly because it's all being reforged into other stats.
So at this stage of cata avoidance stats doesn't play a major role in tanking gear any more? And it seems that Blizz is focusing all the stats on gear to mastery... Any raiding tanks that can provide some of their thoughts on this? Are you taking more damage then you would like or it works out better then just having pure avoidance stats on gear?
The ideal avoidance is where you reforge it all into Mastery.
I think my avoidance is like ~20-22% dodge/parry. Remember whatever you had prior to the expansion takes a dive into the toilet when DR's kick in, and DRs are brutal this time around.



But yeah, Mastery hooooooooooooooooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment