Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dps spec at 80

[:1]The changes they made to the dk class really screwed me up. Im currently unholy, but I used to be blood spec. Which is the one I take if I want to do massive damage and stomp my way through mobs at level 80? Should I stay unholy? Give frost a shot? or is blood surprisingly dps heavy?
honestly im trying to figure the same thing out. i specced both frost and unholy. i do decent dmg as frost, but for unholy i cant seem to find a way to do some good dps other than make my pet do the dark transformation thingy, but thats a hassle, 5 death coils within 30 seconds of each one, and even then its only up for 30 seconds. sooooo... im prolly missing something.
Yeah the pet thing is kind of annoying to me. It actually took me awhile to figure out HOW to do the transformation. At first I assumed it was like a bm hunters frenzy procs build up and figured it was something the pet did. lol The damage the pet dishes out is pretty nice though when transformed. Think it was smacking stuff around for 1500 a pop non crit. The death coil thing isnt so bad, since I dont have much else I care to use my runic power on. Its just finding mobs that live long enough to get 40 runic power off of thats a hassle. But im blaming that on my cata sword carving through stuff.
lol if it were only 40 runic power u needed, u have to smack it 5 times with a death coil =/
I have been wrecking mobs with my spec. Not sure how other stuff compares but personally I'm loving mine. Just the basic cookie cutter level 80 dps spec that I used to use plus the two talent points from 81 & 82 put into the death grip talent = fast leveling so far. :)

Edit: basically I pull the monster with a death grip then icy touch, plague strike, festering strike, scourge strike and deathcoil whenever possible :) also just hit dark transformation whenever it pops although it isn't a big concern. Generally things die in about 5 seconds so that is working for me. Also remember to be in Unholy Presence :)

Nite

No comments:

Post a Comment