Saturday, April 14, 2012

Is this dps normal?

[:1]I'm pulling over 3k dps in normal dungeons below 80, something I've never really seen before pre-80.

I'm currently DW Frost with BoA Macesx2, Shoulder, and Chest.
Spamming Howling Blast on AoE trash does lots of dps it's true, but its not really a good measure.
Spamming Howling Blast on AoE trash does lots of dps it's true, but its not really a good measure.


I'm not referring to my DPS in AoE trash. I'm pulling over 3k dps on single-target encounters. I just got done from doing reg VoA and did 3.8k dps on Cyanigosa.
You're probably much better than most people at that level.
While I have no doubt your dps has improved, there is also something broken in add-ons such as Recount which is causing it to display false data. There is another topic in the forums about this. If I can find it I'll provide the link.
Recount is currently busted because I turn it off and it keeps reappearing which is extremely annoying. Right now its anyones best guess at how much DPS everyone is pulling in the raid and dungeons.
does this look infected?
my rogue was doing that with heirlooms, what's your point? (pre-patch)
As an unholy dk I am getting similar numbers without the help of heirlooms, so I assume this is normal. If recount is broken, then who knows?
recount / skada are fine.
pull 1.9k on boss so 3k at 78 with looms isnet all that great seen 60 mages do 3k dps
Lol yeah I'm doing 5-6k easy in H80s. Almost double prepatch. Add to that the ease of getting geared precata and it's only gonna get worse/better? before Cata hits.
Spamming Howling Blast on AoE trash does lots of dps it's true, but its not really a good measure.


The reason why I que as tank in heroics >.> mobs die FAST and I end up tanking anyways from threat.


and this is why people hate dks que for your spec retard
The reason why I que as tank in heroics >.> mobs die FAST and I end up tanking anyways from threat.


This. I can give any tank (except maybe a good paladin) 10 seconds to get aggro and then as soon as 2 Howling Blasts go off I've got aggro instantly. Getting 15k AE dps doesn't help me my case though, so I queue as tank and let the healer work for a change.
Looks like DPS to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment