Thursday, April 12, 2012

What Are the Top 3 Cata Reps for Unholy?

[:1]Howdy all. I have an unholy DK in my guild who doesn't really understand rep and rep rewards. Tonight I'm going to take him to get his tabards (and get him started on dailies too), but I don't know which cataclysm reps are most important for his class.

Can anyone here recommend the top three reps he should be working on? If you can list them in order (most important to last) I'd appreciate it. And if you could briefly explain why each rep you list is important, that'd be even better. If I can tell him why he's doing it instead of just saying "go do this", I'm more likely to get him to stick it out to exalted.

TIA for whatever help the DK community can give.
Hyjal should be revered by the time he hits 85, so then I would have him go thera honored to get the normal shoulder enchant, then hit up dragonmaw to revered for head enchant. then go ramkehan all the way to exalted before finishing up thera. Maybe not even bother with hyjal exalted until you're done with everything else if he decides to get the crafted plate belt as I did.
We're Alliance, so Wildhammer Clan is our equivalent of Dragonmaw.

Tabard-wise, I'll have him work on Rammy first, then Hyjal. Daily-wise, I'll have him do Rammy, Wildhammer, and Therazane. I'll just direct him to get them all to exalted rather than saying "Get this to revered, then switch to this one, then go back to that one."

What about Tol Barad? Anything useful there? That's the one set of dailies he already knows how to do!
Dragonmaw (Wildhammer) is the most important by far. Helm enchant at revered, and the epic tank boots from exalted are actually extremely good pre-raid (unless you spend 10k+ gold on the boe valor boots) since they have a socket and you can reforge the parry to a dps stat.

I went

Dragonmaw
Hyjal
Ramkahen
Therazine

in that order when I hit 85. I will grant I had a lot of free time and was able to grind most of the necessary reps to exalted within a few days.
He could get Blade of the Fearless from Tol Barad exalted I believe.

Edit: It's actually at revered, my bad lol.
Tol Barad takes a week minimum to grind to exalted. You can just win 5 games of arena per week and have free 359 ilevel weapon in 3 weeks.
Dragonmaw (Wildhammer) is the most important by far. Helm enchant at revered, and the epic tank boots from exalted are actually extremely good pre-raid (unless you spend 10k+ gold on the boe valor boots) since they have a socket and you can reforge the parry to a dps stat.

I went

Dragonmaw
Hyjal
Ramkahen
Therazine

in that order when I hit 85. I will grant I had a lot of free time and was able to grind most of the necessary reps to exalted within a few days.


He's not going to have 10k gold to spend on BoE boots. I'll have him go to exalted w/ Wildhammer and get the rep boots. As for Tol Barad, I'll tell him it's optional.

Thanks for the advice, all. Much appreciated!
hmm, actually, keep in mind that revered with wildhammer also gives him a pair of 346 gloves, which are not as good as the justice ones but are free with the rep.

No comments:

Post a Comment