Thursday, April 12, 2012

Looking for PvP Guidance

[:1]Lately I've been getting very involved in PvP since I despise Heroics. Not that they're difficult, but that they're time consuming and full of angry people.

So I must confess I've been doing a big no-no (at least that's what I hear from lurking on these forums), and that's PvPing as Blood.

Why? Well, here's my problem.

When I PvP as Blood I feel like a babe in mother's arms.
Safe. Secure. Protected.

As soon as I switch to UH/Frost, it's like my mother dropped me down a flight of stairs into a pit of sharks. With laser beams attached to their heads.

So I've come looking for some insight. My primary concerns being:

1) How are the trees looking after 4.0.6 drops?
2) When can I start doing Arenas for Purple gear?
&
3) What should I know before doing arenas? /team comps? (I've never done them before)

As far as my PvPing goes now, outside of bad Random BG teams, the only real classes I have difficulty with are Warlocks (in Blood), and in any other Spec, mostly everything.

Maybe I'm just not used to UH/Frost, I don't know. I've looked on other sites and searched for tips, but most of the stuff is outdated, so I figured I'd come here.

If I must switch to another spec, what should my primary keybinds be?

Etc. etc., any other help appreciated.

Thanks, chums.
UH is the spec to be for 4.0.6 (Frost will still be viable if you love it).

1) We received a minor dmg nerf; however that is being negated by a mastery re-design that increases our Shadow Dmg (Unholy Spec). We received a significant mobility buff that will allow us to stay on top of enemy players; along with being able to pop IF during a stun.

Frost received a DPS nerf without a whole lot of buffs.

2) Start arena now; get to the conquest point cap and start getting your Vicious gear. Better to start now rather than wait for later on.

3)

a) Most of what you'll learn will be on the fly in Arenas. Essentially you maintain an offensive outlook until you need to revert to defense and begin Death Gripping off your healer or CoI on a DPS chasing your healer.

b) 2v2s - Choose a Hpally; although after the patch you can utilize any of the healers.
3v3s - Same idea; preferable to have a 2nd plate-wearing DPS (DK/Warrior).

4) Keybinds

Essentially you do NOT want to be a clicker. Try to keybind all your skills so they can be used with your left hand.

PvP Unholy Rotation consists of:

Scourge Strike
Necrotic Strike
Festering Strike

(Not in that order, remember to build DC stacks on a regular basis and utilize your gargoyle and Emp Run. Aside from that you need to remember to CoI against fleeing enemies which will drain runes along with peeling off your healer and monitoring health of your summon(s) and whether they can be buffed for a burst rotation.)
The most informative post I've seen in a while. Thank you.

Yes, luckily I've gotten used to binding all of my abilities so that's not too difficult.

I'll have to get started in the 2v2 bracket soon.

Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment